With the festive period fast approaching, feelings of general excitement are mixed with worries about falling off the healthy eating/drinking wagon. It goes without saying that the month of December generally equates to the consumption of crazy calories alongside horrific hangovers. For all of us who want to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds, we have come up with a few simple measures you can take to so that the festive season doesn’t take too much of a toll on your body
- Make sure to eat something before you go out as alcohol on an empty stomach is a no go! Have a light healthy meal or snack e.g. some crackers with hummus and veggies and a Skinny Malinkys Juice
- Even though it may be tempting, try to refrain from having too many drinks whilst getting ready
At the Party ?
- Think about your drink choice…Is there a healthier alternative to your usual?
- So what are the healthiest options? A Skinny Bitch (vodka & soda with fresh lime) is the ultimate clean low calorie cocktail, or alternatively, have a gin & tonic with cucumber. We love Fevertree, our fav is the Light Tonic Water it’s made with less sugar and contains no artificial sweeteners.
- Stick to the same drink for the evening and remember to try and hydrate with a glass of water between each drink, have a spruced up fizzy water (see below) to mix it up.
✨ Brownie points ✨
Go the extra healthy mile and swap alcohol altogether for a classy mocktail!
Pour a Skinny Malinkys over ice and you’re done!
Spruce up your sparkling water with fresh lime, slices of lemon or refreshing cucumber. Adding herbs like rosemary, basil and mint or fiery ginger is another great way to give your drink a kick!
Non alcoholic doesn’t have to mean totally boring!
Post Partying ?
- Replenish the vitamins lost from the night before by drinking lots of water and/or coconut water or some of our super tasty cold-pressed juices that are packed full of goodness to help nourish and revitalise your body. Hydration is key!
- Try to fill yourself up on nutrient dense food such as fresh fruit & veggies. Turn a typical greasy fry up on its head and have some eggs with avocado, tomatoes, mushrooms & toasted rye or sourdough bread, that will be much more easily digested and gentle on your stomach.
- Get up off the sofa and get some fresh air! This is guaranteed to lift your mood and make you feel like a whole new person!
So there you have it, just a few simple tips and tricks to help you treat your body a little better during the festive party season!
Thanks for reading! ?
Lots of juicy love,
Skinny Malinkys ❤️